Soul Mates

Lately, I've been thinking about soul mates. 

When I was younger I use to think that there was only one person, who was a perfect fit, for each of us.  And like so many before me I wondered about widows who found love after their spouse died.  Did it mean their first spouse wasn't the one? 

As I got older, got a few relationships/break-ups under my belt, I became bittered and started to believe that there was no such thing as a soul mate. 

Then I met someone, I truly love and loves me back but for various reasons we've just never been able to sustain a real relationships. 

Based on that relationship, I canged my mind and decided that soul mates do exist.  However, just because you're soul mates doesn't mean you can or should live together.


But, today as I was sitting on my bed listening to an audio book and knitting a sock I looked over at my cat, Shadow curled up sleeping a few inches away from me.  As I watched him sleep, I realized that my soul mate is my cat. 

   


  

When I'm sick, he's always there to hoover over me.




We both love watching Harry Potter movies... 













  

 We both love shoes...
                                                                                                

     


  A LOT.












He's always willing to help me clean out my closet.








Don't get me wrong, we've had our problems, you can't live together for twelve years and not have arguements and disagreements.
  




He hates when I go out of town.  I hate that he insists on having, at least, ten "babies" on the bed at all times. 




But no matter how annoyed we get with each other we still love each other unconditionally. 


 











And if that's not a soul mate I don't know what is.

Comments