Dream

This morning I woke up from a good dream.  It was one of those dreams that you really want to stay in and even as you're being pulled into waking hours you fight to stay in by continuing to feed your dream self suggestions on what to do next.

I dreamed that I was living in an apartment across from a professor who I'd once had a crush on.  He was living in an apartment building across the street from mine.  In fact, we could walk out of our respective apartments and see each other.

In the dream, I was leaving my place with my dog, Midgie which is odd because Midgie died nearly ten years ago and never lived in this town with me.  I saw the professor come out of his apartment as I was getting into my convertible with my dog.  I don't have a convertible.  He got into his car and began to follow us as we drove down the street to a local diner.  I could see him in my rear view mirror following behind me.  Smiling at my hair fluttering behind me, the sun on my skin.  I felt confident, beautiful and sexy.  I never feel that when I'm awake.    

The front section of the restaurant was a diner full of people.  I weaved my way towards the back to the coffee house section of the restaurant.  The professor showed up as I was getting ready to pay for my coffee and insisted on paying for it.  We walked out the back door to a sitting area and talked for a few minutes before decided to walk through an open market which looked like the market square in San Antonio.

As we were walking hand in hand, looking through the stall and kiosks, we made plans to meet up after my four o'clock class.  He hugged me and kissed my head.  I flushed and hugged him.  Suddenly, I spotted my ex-boss and I let go of my professor pushing him from me.  As we walked past my ex-boss and his group I quietly explained that I didn't want them to know who I was seeing.  I don't know why I didn't want them to know but at the time I was afraid of the company people knowing.  

Somehow, we ended up getting separated and I couldn't find him.  I tried to call him but my phone refused to work.  Every time I touched the contacts or phone icons the screen would burst with picture of flowers blooming.  The petals would spin and open,.  The petals' edges were trimmed with tiny lights that matched the blooms.  It was beautiful but I was too frustrated to care.  

I, absently, wandered into a mall with an atrium full of flowers and waterfalls.  The place was beautiful and I wished I could find the professor.  I wanted to hold his hand again and look at the flowers and waterfalls.  I wished I hadn't let him. 

I finally gave up trying to find him and hoped he wasn't too hurt to pick me up for dinner.  I headed to class.  The class was being held in the old math wing of my high school.  I don't remember the class but when I walked out the professor was standing there with flowers that matched the ones that had been on my phone.  I cried because I was sure he wouldn't want to see me.  He held me and I started to babble an explanation as to why I was crying.

Before, I could finish my explanation I started to wake up and my dream world started to fade.  I wish I hadn't woken up.

I don't know the significance of the dream.  I usually don't write dreams down but this one seems important.  I'm not sure why but there you have it.  Anyone else have some ideas of what it all means?

Comments