A Woman of Lean

Lately, I've been feeling a little sad.  I know I shouldn't complain about my financial situation because there are people who have far worse problems than me but there are some things that I'm already starting to miss about having money.  Don't get me wrong, I've never been rich but up until a few months ago I was able to afford more things than I can now.  I just wish I was still a woman of means rather than a woman of lean. 

About two weeks ago, I bought two pairs of skinny jeans.  I've been putting off having hemmed because I can't afford the $10 a pair.  So, last week while surfing through Pinterest I found a pin about hemming jeans and decided to give it a try.  I was pretty damn proud of myself and still am for being able to hem the jeans.  However, the next day I started thinking about the fact that in the past few months I've had to really find ways around my financial problems and I was sad.

Along with hemming my own jeans, I've started coloring my own hair, doing my own manicures & pedicures, and I don't go out to eat anymore.  It's true that, at least, I could afford to buy some new jeans but it's frustrating to know that I won't be buying any new clothes or shoes for at least, six months if not more.  I hate that I can't afford the "me time" that came along with getting my hair and/or nails done.  Mostly I miss going out with my friends.  I hate declining invitations to dinner, movies or drinks.  

I've been applying for adjunct positions in various junior colleges and I'm hoping one of them will pan out.  I'm also thinking of selling Mary Kay but the initial investment seems a little too steep at the moment.

Comments