Good Week

If you’re like me you’ve probably heard people tell tale of having a really horrific week and the following week being so fucking awesome words can’t describe it.  Until recently I’d never experienced this phenomenon.  I figured anyone who had been privy to this kind of turnaround were just making it up or their bad week really wasn’t as bad as they thought.  Maybe the later is true but I think I understand the occurrence much better than I did before.

Last week was an awful experience.  I had to deal with heartbreak, anger, confusion, resentment, resignation and stress just to mention a few of the things.  I won’t go into full details but I can say based on all the emotional roller coaster rides I’ve taken, and I’ve taken quite a few, this one ranks in the top 13. 

So I started this week expecting the world to come to an end earlier than the Mayan calendar predicted.  Instead it’s been a wonderful week perhaps it’s only been wonderful because I’m comparing it to the shit storm that was last week but in the scheme of things I guess it doesn’t matter. 

What does matter is that majority of the fortune that has made this week so much better hasn’t really been mine.  I was given one compliment when I was asked to do a minor report that would normally have been done by my supervisor.  However, he’s out of town at a conference so they asked me, a mere secretary to do it.  Sure it was a minor report but the person who asked me to do it had enough confidence in me to ask me.  Ordinarily, they would have just called my supervisor at the conference and asked him to make the time to do it.  So that’s a pretty awesome compliment.  

But the BIG things that have made this week so wonderful aren’t mine. 

First, my best friend Chris was asked to be on a television show and his new CD has been sent off to be pressed which has been a very long time coming.  I’m overwhelmed with such pride and happiness for him.  His success has filled with me with such pure joy I can’t explain it. 

Second, one of the college students/friends Jenifer I work with has decided that she might just try and go overseas in order to help others.  She’s working to become a Social Worker and she wants so much to make a difference.  I’m so amazingly proud of how much she’s grown in the four years since I first met her.  My pride and admiration for her fills me with such joy that I find myself getting misty eyed.  At her age I was so afraid of my own shadow and to see her taking the risks I was too afraid to take makes me so proud. 
 
So maybe this week has been magnified by last week or maybe the past, even as recent as the week before, doesn’t matter.  I can’t help but feel that I would still be overjoyed with the success of my friends.  

Comments

  1. Weesha, you know how you were saying Chris is too .... Oh crap I forget the word... But I guess "humble" would work here.... So are you!! You're very competent, and there's a reason you were asked for assistance ;)

    Congrats to chris and Jennifer - what awesome news!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment