Under Pressure

It's hard to juggle working forty hours a week and classes.  I look back at the past three years and I still wonder how I managed to get through it.  There are a lot of times when I don't really remember what exactly I read or learned in the classes I've taken which bothers me. 

I'm also working on research for my American Lit., course.  I feel like I'm being pulled in different directions and not giving enough time to any of my projects. 
 
So, about two weeks ago I talked with my thesis director and we came up with a deadline of Finals week which is in mid-May.  I don't have to have a polished thesis written by then but I do have to have a completed rough draft.  Needless, to say this is really stressing me out.  I'm not one to write well under pressure.  I also have a one track mind which makes it difficult for me to write more than one thing at a time.  It's one of the reasons why I'm having trouble blogging more than once a week. 

Right now I'm on the final leg of an essay I've been laboring on for about three weeks.  I'm glad because I'm starting to lose interest in the piece.  I did write out the bare bones of another essay onto a legal pad a few days ago so I'm anxious to get on that one.  After that I'm not sure where I'll go.  I just hope I can get enough written by mid-May.

I need to get done with this so I can get back to working on an abstract due on Tuesday. 

Comments