A Weekly Recap

So, it occurred to me as I was driving home from watching Chris play a local show that I haven't written a blog this week.  I'm trying to, at least, write once a week until my thesis is done and I have more time to dedicate to my blog.  Since I'm doing this last minute I don't have anything brilliant to say  and it's also 1:15 a.m. I decided a recap would have to suffice for today.

Monday, I met with my thesis director and I was given a deadline of mid-May for, at least, a rough draft of my thesis.  That freaked me out a little because I've only got about fifty pages written and it needs to be, at least, one hundred fifty.  However, after a mini-breakdown I got up and started writing. 

Tuesday, I wrote about 1 page on my current essay, which is temporarily called The Tits Poem.  It's framed around a poem I wrote for my poetry class about a year ago.  I talk about coming to terms with my body and learning to love myself.  It's a good piece and I'm glad the suggested was made that I expand the poem out into an essay. 

Wednesday I mended a proverbial b,ridge which made me very happy.  I can't say too much because it would be giving away private confidences.  Sorry.

Thursday, is a blank.  I don't think I did anything at all. 

Friday was probably my best day.  It was extremely slow at work so I spent a good portion of the day working on one of the essays for my thesis.  In the 8 hours give or take that I was at work I managed to get about four pages written and I got another idea for an essay that I want to get started on but I really want to get further with my current writing project first.  In the evening I met my friends Josh and Rachel for some drinks.  I called Chris's friend, now mine, Jeromy to meet us.  He came out and introduced me to his friend Melanie.  She's a really great person.  She's very real which is something I deeply appreciate in people.  I think she and I are going to end up really great friends.  Chris called Jeromy and invited us to his place.  So, we headed over.  We sat out in his front yard sipping some drinks and listing to Chris play a couple of his tunes including my favorite Highway Shoes.  Rachel told me today that she and Josh were really impressed by his guitar playing.   

Chris playing Highway Shoes

Saturday, I went over to Chris's place and hung out with him for a few hours.  It was really nice to spend some time with him.  It seems that we've both been busy and when we do hang out it's in a crowd of people so we don't really get to really talk in depth about our respective crafts.  It's been a while since we had a "heart to heart" so it was really nice.  We headed over to his gig and had some AMAZING barbecue before he took the stage and played.  He was just as AMAZING as the barbecue and he didn't even need sauce. 

So, that was my week.  I didn't really have any epiphanies but I got to spend some time with Rachel.  Since I started the Grad program three years ago I don't get to spend nearly enough time with her.  I really miss it. 

P.S.  I apologize for any spelling, punctuation or grammatical issues.  As I wrote earlier it's 1 a..m.  I'm not really paying much attention. 

Comments