Mrs. S

Last Saturday, I went with my best friend Rachel to visit her mother in the hospital.  Her mom had been sick for a few months and had finally been admitted into the hospital.  We visited for about an hour.  While there we found out that her mother might have cancer.  When we left we knew we had a battle ahead of us but we never thought time would get the better of us.

Sunday I received a text message from Rachel telling me that the hospital had called, asking her to come immediately.  A few hours later I got that feeling you get when something has happened.  I checked Facebook, typed in her dad's name and pulled up his profile and found well wishers, expressing their sympathies.  I didn't want to believe it so I called Rachel.  I got her voicemail and I knew without a doubt that the condolences I was reading on Mr. S's Facebook page were accurate.  Mrs. S was gone.

Mrs. S had the most beautiful person I've ever met.  She wasn't a thin, statuesque beauty.  She was short and plump but she had the most beautiful smile and a sparkle to her eyes that rivaled any Hollywood  beauty.  Her faith in God and Jesus never wavered.  Yet, she never pushed her beliefs on anyone.  She was a true Christian.  She loved completely and unconditionally.        

I thank Mrs. S for giving me my best friend Rachel.  And I am lucky to have known Mrs. S and been loved by her. I will always love and miss her.  

Comments

  1. how come I didn't see this before? Thanks for the kind words. She really was the sweetest person I have ever known.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment