Radcliffe, a Photo booth and a Cat

Last night I had a dream about Daniel Radcliffe, a photo booth, and my cat Duchess.  Before you get all pervie it wasn't that kind of dream.

I was standing along with a few other students on the stage of a auditorium type classroom, not unlike those you see in movies but rarely anywhere else in American universities.  So, anyway me and the other other students are standing on the stage area debating, not over the existence of magic but whether the Wizarding World exists.  and I think I was on the, "there's no such thing" side because when Radcliffe showed up he was intent on convincing me otherwise.  Oddly, the only person who seemed flustered to see him was me.  Everyone else seemed to take it as no big deal, "Oh yeah, it's Daniel Radcliffe, he played Harry Potter in the movies."



Suddenly, we're alone in a study and he's trying to convince me that the Wizarding World exists and he's going to take me there.  The study is crammed with books and papers all stacked up in precarious towers.  Radcliffe is showing me a map and tracing out the route we'll take to get to Wizarding World.  I'm just about to tell him that I don't care how famous he is, he's still nuts when my big black and white cat Duchess jumps up onto a cluttered desk, meows at me and snags a folder of photographs.  I chase after her with Radcliffe behind me.  Duchess stops at a photo booth, looks back at me and slips in, her bushy tail brushing the red curtain making it ripple.

So, Radcliffe takes my hand and says, "Come on, let's go."  I refuse and tell him that we won't both fit in the booth with a cat and he says we will and he yanks me into the booth.

Inside the booth is Duchess with the file folder of pictures, and about 20 other people sitting around the booth, looking out the window at green pastures dotted with black and white cows grazing.  I turn and look at Radcliffe and he says, "See plenty of room.  Let's sit down so we can get going."  So, it turns out that the photo booth is actually a transport that's going to take us to the Wizarding World or some such place.

As soon as I sit down we're off and speeding along.  The scenery is zipping by at an unusually fast pace, everyone is pushed sideways, holding on to railings to keep from tumbling out of their seats.  We lurch to a stop, a voice announces, "London" the booth curtains open and several passengers get out and the booth starts racing again.  Duchess starts talking to one of the other passengers about the pictures in the file folder which turn out to be photographs of her family that she's planning to visit in Wizarding World.  I'm stunned not because she's talking but because she even believes in this world.  And after about the fifth stop I'm about fed up because we've been zipping all over the world but yet to get to the Wizarding World.   

I jump up and start yelling at Radcliffe, "I knew it.  There's no such place.  We're just flying around in this crazy booth."  And he's trying to calm me down and keep us from falling, as we're both standing and the booth has started moving again and if we loose are balance we could go tumbling out the curtain, with no idea where or what we'll land on.

The booth jerks to a stop, we're slammed into our seats, the voice says, "Wizarding World," the curtains fly open and it's the bluest skies, white fluffy clouds, green grass, and buildings of the whitest marble.  Duchess jumps off the cushion she's been sitting on and walks out.  I look over at Radcliffe and he's grinning this huge cheesy grin and he extends his hand out to me and says, "Come on, there's so much I want to show you."

So, I take his hand, we stand up and take a step towards the open curtains and my damn alarm clock wakes me up which really pisses me off because I never have the same dream twice and I know I'll never get to see what Radcliffe was going to show me.

Comments