AOL Discovery


Today I had to sign onto my old AOL account to get a password for my old Yahoo account so that I could change information on an entirely different account.  It took about fifteen minutes and five windows to get everything situated correctly. 

It’s fascinating how much intangible crap you can accumulate on the internet.  To date I have 1 AOL account, 2 Yahoo accounts, 1 Gmail account and 1 work account.  Only actively use one yahoo account and the work account.  I keep the other accounts, namely the AOL and old Yahoo account for sentimental value.  They were my first email accounts and I’m attached to them even though I never use them.  I liken it to a woman’s Wedding Gown or a guy’s high school Letterman jacket.  You’ll never wear them again but they’re full of memories.

While I was on my AOL account I decided to check out my old contact list and found the email/screen name for a very special person in my life.  I immediately messaged him about my discovery, how it made me smile and observed that it was a life time ago.  He laughed, was glad I smiled and agreed it was a life time ago. 

We’ve known each other for fourteen years. When I think of the people we were when we first met I shake my head.  We’ve made a lot of mistakes.  We’ve done everything, good and bad, two people can do to each other in a life time and there’s still so much life left ahead of us.  We’ve grown up and we’re finally the people we need, want and should be to each other.  We love each other but at present, circumstances make it impossible for us to be together.  However, like I said we still have so much life left ahead of us, so it would be a shame for us not to have a chance to be together. 

Comments