When Your Ex is on You Tube

So, what do you do when you discover your ex is on YouTube? If you're me you do what I did. 
First, I sat in shock for about five minutes until my boss came in and asked me why I looked so weird. I told him. He watched the video and I pointed out the ex. And bless my boss, he made a face of disbelief. It was the best validation. I could tell he was shocked that I would go out with someone who looked like my ex. I had to laugh and explain that my ex hadn't aged well and at one time he was very nice looking. He's not ugly now but like I said he definitely hasn't aged well.

Next, texted my friend Rachel, who answered, "Umm I guess he's famous...?" which made me laugh and was exactly what I needed.

Third, I told my friend Jenifer who had to look the video up and play, "Let me guess who he is." She guessed on the first try because, "he looks like your type."

Finally, I examined the jolt of pain I experienced yet again. I always have a little jolt of pain and I'm always trying to get away that I never really take the time to figure out why I'm hurting.

Although, it's been ten years now since the break up and I've healed. I still can't speak to him and when I see him I feel this little jolt of pain. It's not debilitating, just a pin prick, a reminder that a relationship I truly valued and a person I deeply loved didn't feel the same way.

I don't know if I'll ever stop feeling the pin prick of pain but I do know that I'm happy where I am. Yes, things aren't ideal but it keeps getting better.

P.S.  Even though I'm sharing this story, I think we still deserves some anonymity, especially him since he doesn't know I've seen the video.  So, I'm sorry, but I won't be sharing the video link or name of the video.

Comments