Gandolfini's death is making me way sadder than maybe I ought to be.  I feel like wearing black and going to his funeral with funeral flowers. 

Maybe, it's because he, like my father, died so suddenly at such a young age.  Maybe, it's that he was a great actor in any role not just as Tony Soprano.Or maybe, it was his performance as Soprano. 

Gandolfini helped us to love, hate, understand and accept the real life (minus the mobster stuff) Sopranos of the world.  Soprano was a human being with human frailties.  He made mistakes and felt the complex emotions behind making those mistakes.  He could feel remorse and justification simultaneously for any of his actions.  We all have versions of Soprano in our life, hell some of us are Soprano and Gandolfini's portrayal made us understand and accept.  I will miss him for all that he taught me about life, love, hate, and acceptance.   

1961--2013

Comments